Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What We Owe To Those We Disagree With [Theology Reader]

Enjoying this brilliant article by Roger Nicole. There is some theological "rough sledding", but if you assume the gentleness and wisdom of what he is saying in those parts, there is much wisdom here.
There are three major questions that we must ask; and I would like to emphasize very strongly that, in my judgment, we need to ask them precisely in the right order: (1) What do I owe the person who differs from me? (2) What can I learn from the person who differs from me? (3) How can I cope with the person who differs from me?
Many have put on blue or grey and taken sides in blogging wars, in theological, political, and intellectual circles. No matter what side you are on, there is water for your soul here. Drink deep and grow.


No comments: